Chequered flags at the ready. Entries open for our 2022 Wolfstone Hill Climb.
It’s the centrepiece to all the action at the Yorkshire Motorsport Festival (YMSF) and the great news is that it’s happening all over again for 2022.
Last year’s inaugural Festival saw a cracking lineup of drivers and iconic cars tackle the Wolfstone Climb, which runs just short of a mile.
Originally, the first Yorkshire Motorsport Festival was intended for 2020 to mark the 100th anniversary of Hill Climbing over Holme Moss, however due to the Covid outbreak, we celebrated that anniversary in 2021 and will continue the celebrations every year at the Friday opening of the Wolfstone Hill Climb.
So, if you missed all the Hill Climb action last year, here’s an overview of the winners from 2021. Our massive thanks to Mid Derbyshire Motorclub, our partner in organising the motorsport event.
The Orange Army
We are also very grateful to all the Marshals, you all play such an important role ensuring the Hill Climb is enjoyable and safe for everyone. A big thank you.
Congratulations to all our 2021 winners - if you want to enter the Hill Climb which is a competitive licensed Motorsport UK event, click on the link at the bottom of this blog.
Please apply early to avoid disappointment. This event will be busy.
The closing date for entry submissions is Friday 17 June.
Results for the Wolfstone Hill Climb 3 Day Series 2021
Fastest Time of Day Trophy:
- 14 Steve Bailey / Ford Escort mk1
Class 1 Pre-war Cars with 2 or more seats:
- 1st: 3 Roger Tushingham / MG N-Type Magnette
Class 2b Production Modified Saloon and Sports Cars over 2000cc manufactured up to and including 1965
- 1st: 7 Thomas Butterfield / JaguarMK1
Class 2a Production Modified Saloon and Sports Cars up to and including 2000cc manufactured up to and including 1965, Merged with Class 2c Production Modified Saloon and Sports Cars up to and including 2000cc manufactured between 1966 to 1975 inclusive
- 1st: 14 Steve Bailey / Ford Escort Mk1
Class 2d Production Modified Saloon and Sports Cars over 2000cc manufactured between 1966 to 1975 inclusive
- 1st: 22 Chris Livesey / Grantura GEM
Class 3 Jaguar Drivers Club 4 Hills and Sprint Championship Open Age
- 1st: 29 Haydn Spedding / Jaguar E-Type
- 2nd: 31 Thomas Robinson / Porsche 911 Carrera
Class 4 Alpine Renault Cars Open Age
- 1st: 34 Geoff Hill / Renault Alpine GTA
- 2nd: 37 David Holden / Alpine Renault A110 Berlinette
- 3rd: 38 Tim Jeffrey / Alpine Renault GTA Turbo
Class 5 Mini Cooper 60th Anniversary Celebration Class Open Age
- 1st: 44 Matt Clarke / Austin Mini Cooper
- 2nd: 42 Wil Ker / Austin BMC Cooper S
- 3rd: 45 Richard Derrick / Morris Mini 1275 GT
Class 6c Gerry Marshall Tribute Modified Sports Special Saloon Cars over 2101cc
- 1st: 70 Neil Russell / TVR 4.7 Coupe
- 2nd: 63 Richard Hargreaves Ford Escort
Class 7a Sports Racing GT Cars Open Class Pre 1966 merged with 7b 7c
- 1st: 56 Ian Medcalf / Fiat 500 Special Saloon
- 2nd: 62 Jon Doubleday Ford Cortina
Entry form application for 2022 hill climbing event.
Reminder: Closing date for applications is Friday 17 June.